frequently asked questions.
if you don’t find it here, feel free to call us!
- DO YOU ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS? Yes. We accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
- DO YOU USE NUTS IN YOUR PRODUCTS? Yes. Some of our products do contain nuts. All of our products are made in the same area and use the same equipment and supplies therefore some inadvertent cross-contamination may occur. Also, our chocolate manufacturers are not nut-free. Therefore, we would not recommend our products for those who have nut allergies.
- WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE USED IN YOUR PRODUCTS? We use only the freshest, highest-quality ingredients in our baked goods: real butter, whole eggs and milk, Valhrona cocoa powder, Belcolade chocolates, and nuts.
- DOES YOUR DESSERTS CONTAIN TRANS-FATS? No.
- DOES YOUR DESSERTS CONTAIN SOY? The only instance we will use a small amount of Crisco (combined with butter) is in the piecrust of our seasonal pies. Otherwise, none of our other desserts contain soy.
- HOW DO I PLACE AN ORDER? Call us at the shop 201.420.0111. We do not take orders by email.
You can email the breakdown and details of your order, but we will need to talk to you for confirmation
and to finalize payment.
- DO YOU HAVE A MINIMUM ORDER FOR CUPCAKES? You can stop by the shop to pick up 2 dozen Regular sized cupcakes or 3 dozen Mini-sized ones without placing an order. If you need more than that or you’d like a specific breakdown of flavors or colors, it would be best to give us some advance notice.
- HOW FAR IN ADVANCE SHOULD I PLACE MY CUPCAKE ORDER? For cupcakes, we like to have
24 hours notice for 2 dozen or more. If you have a sudden need for cupcakes, call us as soon as you
know and we will do our best to accommodate your request. We require full payment for all orders.
- HOW FAR IN ADVANCE SHOULD I PLACE MY CAKE ORDER? For cakes, we like to get at least
a week’s notice. If your cake design is intricate or highly decorative, we would require a minimum of 2 weeks notice. We require full payment for all orders.
- SHOULD I REFRIGERATE MY CUPCAKES?We strongly recommend NOT refrigerating those items. The refrigerator dries them out faster. However, you should refrigerate whole cakes, puddings, peanut butter bars, cheesecake and keylime bars.
HOW LONG WILL MY CUPCAKES AND CAKES STAY FRESH? It’s best to enjoy them the same day. Since we do not use preservatives or shortening, as each day passes, the cake tends to dry-out. The Mini sized cupcakes dry-out faster than the Regular sized ones. The Minis will last a day, maybe two. The Regulars should last for two days. If you plan on having them within a couple of days, leave them out in room temperature in an airtight container or wrap the entire box in plastic wrap. If your plans
are for much later, then place the wrapped box into the freezer. Let it thaw for an hour before you are
ready to have them.
- DO YOU CUSTOM DECORATE CAKES?Yes we do! Have a look at our GALLERY for pictures of cakes. For more examples, check out our Facebook page too. Bring in a picture, an invite or some inspiration and let us know what you had in mind. The designs are handmade therefore each design may have slight differences from those previously pictured. If you need an image printed on a cake, we would need at least 2 weeks notice. Those images are sent out and printed by our vendor.
- DO YOU CUSTOM DECORATE CUPCAKES? Yes we do! Have a look at our GALLERY for examples
of cupcakes we’ve done in the past. Give us your ideas and we’ll do our best to make it happen. We may
need a few weeks advance notice just in case we need to order specifically designed cutters, dyes or supplies to produce your themed toppers. If you just want specific colors, sprinkles, flowers or toppers we already have at the shop, then all we need is a day’s notice.
- DO YOU MAKE WEDDING CAKES? We do not make traditional wedding cakes but our cakes have been used for many low-key, casual, super-fun weddings. We can make a small two-tiered, simply designed wedding cake. For larger weddings, we would recommend the tiered cake with a sheet cake or cupcakes to be served to your guests. Give us a call or stop by the shop! We’d be happy to discuss your ideas, theme and color palette.
- WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY? Cake orders cancelled with notice of 48 hours are refunded in full. Cake orders cancelled with 24-48 hours notice will receive 50% of the order value in the form of store credit, redeemed within 90 days. Cake orders cannot be cancelled within 24 hours of notice. Cupcake orders cancelled the day before, the order will be refunded in full. Cupcake orders canceled the same day will receive 50% of the order value in the form of store credit, only if the cupcakes have not been made. If custom toppers or decorations for cakes or cupcakes have been made, cancellations are not allowed.
- CAN I GET A LIST OF YOUR INGREDIENTS? Yes. We understand some schools require an ingredient list. We have a copy at the shop or we can email it to you.
- DO YOU SHIP? Currently we do not, but that doesn’t mean that we never will. We’ll keep you posted!
WHAT IF I WANT TO PICK-UP MY ORDER BEFORE BUSINESS HOURS? Call us to make an appointment for pick-up. We can usually accommodate a pick-up time of an hour before we open.
For large orders, we could make arrangements for earlier times.